On the 26th December 2016, The Ministry of natural resources (Minirena) in partnership with The International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN), The Rwanda National Olympic and Sports Committee (RNOSC) and the Rwanda Natural Resources Authority (RNRA) organized a National Tree Planting Campaign to make a massive awareness on Landscape Restoration using sports as a tool to convey the message. The theme for this year was “the forests are sources of clean air”.
The campaign started with the community work at the special economic zone by planting trees on the road.
In the afternoon a football match between Rayon Sport FC and Bugesera FC was played to officially launch the forest landscape restoration campaign.
- Honourable Minister of Minirena
- Honourable Minister of defence.
- The Mayor of Kigali City, Mrs MUKARULIZA Monique,
- The President of the Rwanda National Olympic and Sports Committee, Mr BAYIGAMBA Robert,
- The Vice Mayor of Kigali City, Mr BUSABIZWA Parfait,
- The IUCN regional technical coordinator, People and landscapes programme Mr. ROBERT Wild.
- The IUCN regional coordinator forests and landscape restoration, Mr. Charles KARANGWA.
- The President of Rwanda Football Federation (FERWAFA), Mr NZAMWITA Vincent De Gaulle,
- The President of Rayon Sports F.C Mr. GACINYA Chance Denis
Other photos of the day